Heritage Preservation Commission
Organized per City Code Chapter 22.7 and consisting of seven voting members, appointed by the City Council, members serve a term of three (3) years. All voting members are residents of the City. The HPC meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall.
The purposes of the Heritage Preservation Commission (HPC) are to:
- Safeguard the city's heritage by preserving sites and structures which reflect elements of the city's cultural, social, economic, political, visual or architectural history;
- Protect and enhance the city's appeal and attraction to residents, visitors and tourists and serve as a support and stimulus to business and industry;
- Enhance the visual and aesthetic character, diversity and interest of the city;
- Foster civic pride in the beauty and notable accomplishments of the past; and
- Promote and preservation and continued use of historic sites and structures for the education and general welfare of the city's residents.
Please click Heritage Preservation Commission Agenda, Packets & Minutes to view information on current and past activities of the HPC. Minutes are posted after they are approved by the Heritage Preservation Commission.